Open Source Firmware and Embedded Software Development
MJC specializes in coreboot™, Open Source firmware development, and embedded device technical consultation.
Firmware and BIOS Expertise
- coreboot™ community leader, contributor, and maintainer
- Chrome OS™ firmware development and deployment
- Extensive experience in x86 BIOS and firmware development; including Intel® FSP and AMD® AGESA™ integration
- New processor and chipset firmware development and debug; bring-up to production
- Production platform software customization
- Open Source development processes and strategy
coreboot™ is open source firmware for custom solutions. It can be found in devices from low power embedded systems to super computer clusters.
"coreboot™: fast and flexible Open Source firmware. coreboot™ is an extended firmware platform that delivers a lightning fast and secure boot experience on modern computers and embedded systems. As an Open Source project it provides auditability and maximum control over technology."
- Embedded Firmware Solutions - Zimmer, Sun, Jones, Reinauer - 2015
- coreboot: A Viable BIOS Replacement - Jones; FSF Libre Planet 2009
- AMD coreboot Development - Jones; Coreboot Symposium 2008
- Breaking the Chains - Using LinuxBIOS to Liberate Embedded x86 - Crouse, Jones, Minnich, Ottawa Linux Symposium 2007
Inquires can be made via this form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.